Breaking News
  • February 7Early Release Day: March 8, 2024
  • February 7Early Release Day: Feb. 28, 2024
  • February 7Student & Staff Holiday: Feb. 19, 2024
  • February 7Staff Professional Development: Feb. 15, 16 2024
  • January 11Spring Break: March 9-16 2024

The Round Table

The Student News Site of Lake Travis High School

The Round Table

The Round Table

Perfect Places to Spoil Your Valentine

Perfect Places to Spoil Your Valentine

Valentine’s Day.  A time for flowers, chocolate covered strawberries, candy hearts, and romantic dinners for your significant other.  Finding a reservation at a restaurant that suits your cravings can be a tad tricky this time of year, but have no fear.  Though I may be single this V-day, I definitely know a romantic restaurant when I see one!  Here are some of Lakeway’s finest, most romantic, and mouth-watering places (that won’t break the bank) to visit with your special someone.

First stop is the one and only Taco Flats.  Yes, this restaurant is small but it’s mighty.  With a Mexico-city vibe and modern bar, the tacos served here never fail to satisfy even the most delicate of palettes. They have the BEST queso and chips I’ve ever tasted as well as variety of tacos and cocktails (okay, I haven’t actually tasted these).  Taco Flats is located at 900 Ranch Road c104 in Lakeway, and it’s the perfect place to share a quiet dinner with the fam, gal-entines, or your love.

Next up is Bluefin Sushi & Ramen.  This lovely location provides a welcoming atmosphere, and the service is out-of-this-world.  Whether you’re in the mood for their signature ramen, loaded poke bowls, or sushi – you won’t be disappointed.  A friend and I visited it just a couple of months ago, and the food was delicious!  Bluefin is located right on 2422 Ranch Road 620 #A100 in Lakeway.

Artemis Mediterranean Grill has been on my bucket list for awhile.  Boasting a variety and abundance of meals and appetizers, this restaurant is sure to satisfy your taste buds.  The menu ranges from fried calamari and gyros to Caesar salad and Greek pasta!  It gets rave reviews from students at LTHS, and one responded with, “It’s SO delicious!”

Our next date spot is Winstons.  Serving coffee, pizza, and a variety of sweet treats like gelato, affogato and basked goods, the reviews coming in say it’s “fresh and delightful.”  In addition, they have delectable cold-pressed juices and smoothies that you can pair with their breakfast or lunch specials.  Pizzas are cooked in a wood fire oven, and they offer gluten-free options as well.  The decor is warm, and inviting – the perfect place for a date and relaxing evening!

The last vibrant spot I’ll share with you is none other than the J5 Steakhouse.  Although this restaurant is located in Spicewood, it is 100% worth the drive.  I have been here many times with family, and it never fails to impress.  The food is simply exquisite!  Though it is a bit more on the fancy and expensive side, you are guaranteed to leave with a smile on your face.  Seating options include the spacious and modern patio or, for a more romantic feel, there is also the option for the romantic dimmed lights and soft background music inside – so, choose your vibe!

Whatever you choose for this Valentine’s Day (and upcoming long weekend), make sure to spend it with those you love the most!