Breaking News
  • February 7Early Release Day: March 8, 2024
  • February 7Early Release Day: Feb. 28, 2024
  • February 7Student & Staff Holiday: Feb. 19, 2024
  • February 7Staff Professional Development: Feb. 15, 16 2024
  • January 11Spring Break: March 9-16 2024

The Round Table

The Student News Site of Lake Travis High School

The Round Table

The Round Table

This Time, It’s Even More Personal – And For All The Marbles

Carol Rhodes

Lake Travis vs. Westlake.  One of the biggest, if not THE biggest rivalries in Texas high school football.  Games between the two schools always pack the stadium hosting it, and this Saturday’s match-up will be no different.

Previously in the 2023 season, Westlake (13-0) narrowly defeated Cav Nation (11-2), marking LT’s first loss in the regular seasons and their only loss on home turf.  Due to the anticipated size of the crowd, Saturday’s re-match will be played on the PField at Pflugerville ISD, a stadium that offers over a 10,000 seat capacity.

“It’s always good to have a re-match since it gives us a chance to fix what we messed up the first time,” said Cam’ren-Chance Brooks, a safety for LT.  “Last time, we were prepared mentally and physically.  We just didn’t fully put it together. We’re going into the week with a kill mentality and it should carry into Saturday at 2:00.”

Westlake has performed well in their playoff run, going undefeated in the regular season and, most notably, defeating the Reagan Rattlers, who also went undefeated in their own season.

“In the playoffs, it comes down usually to the team that refuses to lose, and I love the way our team has been approaching each week,” said Coach Carter.  “I’m hopeful that we will continue on this run.”

The game will be one of the quarterfinal games, with the other fixtures pitting Duncanville (11-1) against Westfield (11-2); North Shore (13-0) against Atascosita (11-2); and North Crowley (13-0) against Allen (9-4).  All four of these games will take place between Thursday, November 30th through Saturday, December 2nd.

Will this game be as exciting as Cav Nation’s clash against Vandegrift?  Without a doubt.

Will it be as intense?  Definitely.

Will we still be rooting for the Cavaliers?  With all our hearts.