Breaking News
  • February 7Early Release Day: March 8, 2024
  • February 7Early Release Day: Feb. 28, 2024
  • February 7Student & Staff Holiday: Feb. 19, 2024
  • February 7Staff Professional Development: Feb. 15, 16 2024
  • January 11Spring Break: March 9-16 2024

The Round Table

The Student News Site of Lake Travis High School

The Round Table

The Round Table

Prom Dress Perfection

Where To Buy Stylish and Size Inclusive Dresses

Prom season is upon us, which means it’s time to start shopping for the perfect dress!  As we all know, this task can be a bit daunting and extremely time-consuming, but set your fear aside and let’s work through the first step together:  finding the right website to begin your search.  All of the brands and stores I will discuss are size inclusive and on the more affordable side ranging between $80-200, and trust me, whichever dress you choose, I have no doubt you’ll look absolutely stunning!

MESHKI

Featuring a variety of formal dresses that can be worn to weddings, parties, and especially prom, Meshki offers amazing deals and great quality.  With features such as sparkles, flowy fabric, strapless and corset to bright colors and elegant necklines, this brand is killing it when it comes to providing affordable and trendy, yet timeless dresses.  One of the best parts about this brand is the size inclusivity ranging from XXS to 3XL, allowing for petite and larger girls to look their absolute best.  For reference, @emma.arletta on TikTok tried on the Strapless Slinky Maxi Dress, and it looked absolutely amazing.  She also shows her followers different ways to style a few more of the Meshki dresses, and although it may be different than what you may want to wear at prom, the inspiration is amazing!

PRINCESS POLLY

With over 1,600 dresses to peruse through, Princess Polly offers everything you could possibly want from simple glam to black swan, along with preppy and bright or neutral and floral patterns.  Although this brand may have fewer options for plus sized girls, most of their sizing ranges from US-0 to US-20.  As far as pricing goes, Princess Polly is hard to beat since most dresses range from $20-$115, so no need to worry about breaking the bank!  The overall quality is excellent (speaking from experience), and offers a variety of textures and aesthetics.

LULUS

Looking for something a bit more modest?  Then, check out Lulus. Centered around a fancier style dress specifically for weddings and formal occasions, Lulus provides clients with sizes from XXS to 3X in most dresses, and prices typically range from $60-170.  Some of my favs were the light pink strapless tiered gown and this flattering burgundy strapless floral dress.  They also offer the more typical style prom dress seen in many suburban high schools like this hot pink sequined dress or this fabulous teal sequined dress.  Looking for a whimsical floral?  Check out this navy velvet floral gown and dusty pink-laced dress.  Is something solid colored speaking to you?  Then this black maxi dress, light blue ruffled dress or burgundy asymmetrical dress might be just the ticket.

As you can see, I have quite a lot of fun looking through this website and might even purchase one for myself!

JJ’S HOUSE

While I’ve never ordered from this website, JJ’s House is rumored to offer products with exceptionally good quality and low costs.  Sizes range from 0 to 26W (which is 3XL in US sizing), which is super helpful for plus sized girlies who struggle to find dresses that make them feel good while also helping smaller girls find something reasonably priced.  Speaking of prices, JJ’s prices range between $60 and $250.  Most dresses come in all a variety of colors making it easy to customize for yourself like this black ruffle dress and mystical lace sparkle gown, and this off-the-shoulder mermaid gown and satin corset dress offer over 50 different color shades to choose from.  Crazy good, right?

Want to really stand out in the crowd?  Check out this chic laced corset dress!

Last, but certainly not least. . .

BEGINNING BOUTIQUE

With recent updates to their sizing and inventory, Beginning Boutique offers the cutest clothing ever with dresses for every occasion from a brunch date to wedding to prom!  Due to recent trends, these dresses may not be the typical prom style, but can be just as formal with the right accessories and prices range from $30-$100.  Since yellow is on point this year, check out this adorable yellow ruffled dress as an option for those bright color girlies.  Pink more your style?  Look no further than this light pink off-the-shoulder dress that comes in nine different colors or this elegant sage satin dress.  Feeling the need to sparkle?  This gold velvet dress or baby blue sequined dress may catch your attention.  And, as always, small details matter as seen on this purple strapless dress with floral embroidery or this pink satin gown with a glamorous bow tied in front.

I hope you have the time of your life trying to find THE perfect dress, but remember:  CONFIDENCE looks beautiful on everyone!!!