Breaking News
  • February 7Early Release Day: March 8, 2024
  • February 7Early Release Day: Feb. 28, 2024
  • February 7Student & Staff Holiday: Feb. 19, 2024
  • February 7Staff Professional Development: Feb. 15, 16 2024
  • January 11Spring Break: March 9-16 2024

The Round Table

The Student News Site of Lake Travis High School

The Round Table

The Round Table

Things To Do Over Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving Break.  A time to relax. A time for friends and family.  A time for Mom and Dad to be stressed out planning the Thanksgiving meal.  And a time for you get out of the house!  Looking for something to do?  Check out these crazy fun events. 

Austin Empty Bowl Project

Looking for a way to give back, and score some lunch this Sunday?  Check out the Austin Empty Bowl Project!

First step:  Choose a one-of-a-kind bowl/pot designed and donated by local Austin potters.

Second step:  Choose your fav soup and baked good with choices from over 30 local restaurants including Truluck’s, Guero’s, Uchi, Eldorado Cafe, and many more.

Third step:  Kick back, listen to music provided by local musicians, and enjoy your meal!  This year’s entertainment is provided by:  Graham Weber, Michael O’Connor, William Wallace, just to name a few.

Fourth step:  Take the bowl home as a reminder of those who have empty-bowls year-round.

The Austin Empty Bowl Project was founded in 1997 by Kit Adams, owner of Clayways Pottery Studio & Gallery.  Since then, they have raised more than 1.3 million dollars, and proceeds from all sales benefit the Kids Cafe, a program of the Central Texas Food Bank, and Meals on Wheels of Central Texas.  Tickets for the event are $30.

ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot

Want to burn off some of the pie you’ll probably devour later?  Sign up for the 33rd annual ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot!  The year the event will be both live and virtual, so you can run part of downtown Austin or from your front porch.  Distances include a five or one mile run/walk, and on-site registration is available starting Thursday, November 23rd at 7am in The Long Center.

All proceeds from the event benefit Caritas of Austin, an organization that believes “when every person has a stable place to call home, they can realize their full potential and contribute to our community.”

Mozart’s Light Show

Ready to get your Christmas groove on?  This year the Holiday Light Show at Mozart’s offers a chance to jump on Taylor Swift’s dance floor (on loan with them until it goes back to her tour)!   A not-to-be-missed event, the Holiday Light Show is sure to get you in the holiday mood with a wide selection of drinks and snacks, a super cool light show set to holiday music, and of course, a gorgeous setting amongst towering trees and Lake Austin.

Tickets go fast, so be sure to get yours early.  The event runs from November 11th-January 6th, but will be closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.  Reviews for the event are a 10/10!

Longhorn Game

UT fans in da house?  Then you won’t want to miss the huge rivalry game between UT and the Texas Tech Raiders on Friday, November 24th at 6:3opm in Longhorn Stadium.

Can’t make it to the game?  Host a watch-party with friends and family!

Light Up the Plaza

Shopping. Santa. Live Music. Tree Lighting.  Ice-Skating.

You can find it all on Saturday, November 25th at the Hill Country Galleria at this much-loved annual event.  This year’s entertainment includes performances by renowned country artist, Kaitlin Butts, and Santa himself will be there to light the tree at 6:30pm.

See, Cavs?  There’s a ton of things to do this Thanksgiving break, so get out there and enjoy!  And don’t forget to take Mom or the fam with you – trust me, she needs a break, too!